The sound is extreme Strat, like no Strat could ever sound like; it has that typical Fendery clang and has very prominent piano mid-tones in the low wound strings, P90-like whack attack, a huge warm lush and sensual bottom end and brilliant highs that have a nice harmonic bloom. This pickup is modeled on our BrightMaster (Jazzmaster) with lots of sharp twang and piano tones. The overall sound is a true cross of Fender with beyond excellent note separation -and- P-90 with it's airy extreme dynamic range, touch sensitivity and it's lush, sensual feel that Fender pickups just can not produce.
It works very well in the neck position with the Clean Bridge in the bridge position, quite well balanced loudness wise and both-on-together gives a surprising huge 'cluck' with extreme dynamic range. It is also highly resistant to mushing and blurring on the low wound strings when played hard, especially in chord formation.
We are pretty sure it'll put a big grin on your face.
Suitable for Soap-bar covers (included) and for use under existing Dog-Ear covers.
Recommended for neck position of Les Pauls* and any guitar with P-90's when a bright, clean tidy sound is required -or- the bridge position if desired for country Twang.
* Les Paul is a Trade Mark of Gibson, Inc. Kinman is not associated with Gibson,Inc.
** Alnico-K is Kinman's proprietary low strength Alnico-5 rod magnet
- Bare wires for soldering.
Pot & Capacitor values
- Best with 500k Ohm for Volume & Tone. Many Gibson's have 300k which makes a darker, less dynamic sound.
- Tone pot is usually the same value a the volume but for a little more top end brightness can be 1meg or a No-Load.
- Normal tone cap value of 0.022µF in 63 ~ 100 volt Polyester. Smaller value lessen the severity of Treble cut, higher values increase it.
- Available for Dog-Ear covers with hole spread of 50mm & 47.5mm. We do not supply Dog-Ear covers so use your existing covers or buy better ones here: http://www.guitarselectric.co.uk/product/chrome_epiphone_casino_p90_dog_ear_pickup_covers
- Soapbar covers with 50mm pole spread available in White, Black, Cream
- 50mm only. For any position in Gibsons or other brand with bridges having bridge saddle spread of 50mm ~ 54mm.
- Fixed magnet stagger suiting 7 ~ 14" radius fretboards (Gibson, most Fender etc)
- 2 conductor cable.
- Length is 380mm / 15".
- 2 Long mounting screws.
- 2 Silicon Rubber tube springs.
- handy drill guide template for positioning the screw holes in the virgin floor of the pickup cavity of a project guitar or guitars with freshly deepened cavities.
- Bracket for mounting under 50mm or 47.5mm Dog-Ear covers in Arch-top f-hole guitars available as optional extra.