Kinman pickups for Jazzmaster are direct replacements and no modification to the guitar is required. Our standard 52mm spaced covers are interchangeable with USA, Japanese and Korean covers. Our narrow 50mm version cover is not. A White or Black cover is included.
Number of parts in this pickup: 28
Number of parts in regular single coil: 11
Number of parts in other brand noiseless: There are no other noiseless Jazzmaster pickups with Alnico rod magnets. Kinman is the only one and that makes it the coolest Jazzmaster pickup available.
- 2 conductor shielded is standard. Cut generously longer than necessary for the 2 stock Jazzmaster positions.
- in-phase with Gibson and Copy humbuckers
- in-phase with all other Kinman pickups
- opposite phase to Fender Strat
Pot & Capacitor values
- 500k Ohm or original Fender 1 Meg (measured) for Volume & Tone is recommended.
- Tone pot is usually the same value a the volume but for a little more top end brightness can be 1meg or a No-Load.
- Normal tone cap value of 0.022uF / 63 ~ 100 volt. Smaller value lessen the severity of Treble cut.
- 52mm for bridge pickup & 50mm for neck pickup with stock 55.6mm Jazzmaster bridge saddle spread.
- Normal improved Stagger to suit 7 ~ 14 inch uniform radius fretboards including USA Custom Guitar Compound 7-1/4" ~ 9-1/2
Some people will call these noiseless Jazzmaster P-90 pickups but Kinman prefers to describe them correctly as Zero-Hum Jazzmaster pickups. That's because there are 2 types of noise, Hum which is cancelled in the pickup and Buzz which can only be minimized by shielding the wiring cavities.
US Patents 7,022,909 & 8,791,351 B2
** Alnico-K is a unique proprietary rod magnet developed by Kinman in 1985. It is Alnico-5 but has 40% less string pull than Alnico-5 so sustain is longer and there is much less clatter from string crash and no Strat-itis string warble.
* Fender and Jazzmaster are registered Trade Marks of Fender Musical Instrument Corp, Inc. Kinman is not associated with FMIC but they kindly permit us to refer to their Trade Marks to describe our products.