Nasty 90 Heavy (Formerly the Nasty 90b) ; in bridge position: very loud (highest output), thick, dark and syrupy sonic texture. Sounds similar to and growls and grinds like a humbucker but with better definition and clarity on the low wound strings and sweet sounding plain strings that are not overly trebly/ice-picky like most humbuckers. Huge wall of sound when played loud clean of under gain.
Recommended primarily for bridge position regardless of volume. A Nasty 90 in the neck position works well and balances with it.
Recommended for the neck position only when a regular humbucker is suitable and then delivers better definition than most humbuckers.
For replacing humbuckers also look at our P90-Bucker in the Humbucker section.
You will have a lot of fun, enjoyment and satisfaction exploring the extended sonic dimensions of these remarkably advanced pickups.
- Bare wires for soldering.
- in-phase with Gibson and Copy humbuckers
- in-phase with all other Kinman pickups
- opposite phase to Fender Strat
- Fender pickups have opposite output polarity so consider Kinman's Strat models which have same output polarity.
Pot & Capacitor values
- Best with 500k Ohm for Volume. Many Gibson's have 300k which makes a darker, less dynamic sound.
- Normal Tone pot is 500k however to maximize clarity use a No-Load or alternatively a 1 Meg Ohm tone pot.
- Normal tone cap value of 0.022µF in 63 ~ 100 volt Polyester. Smaller value lessen the severity of Treble cut, higher values increase it.
- 50mm for Gibsons or bridges having saddle spread of 50mm ~ 54mm.
- The P-90 Hx has 2 conductor cable.
- Length is 380mm / 15".
- 2 Long mounting screws.
- 2 Silicon Rubber tube springs.
- handy drill guide template for positioning the screw holes in the virgin floor of the pickup cavity of a project guitar or guitars with freshly deepened cavities.
- Bracket for mounting under Dog-Ear covers in Arch-top f-hole guitars available as optional extra.
- Additional Information