Nasty 90 – (formerly Nasty 90n) this version of the P-90 Hx is the Kinman most like a regular P-90 by Gibson etc. Easy growl on the wound strings and sweet biting plains. Great both-on-together scooped cluck sound.
- In Neck position: Sounds similar to a conventional P-90 but sweeter highs (no offensive mid spikes)
- In Bridge position: Typical thick, focused P-90 growl 'n grind at any volume.
In the Bridge the Nasty 90 works well and balances best with the Clean Bridge model in the neck position.
In the Neck the Nasty 90 works well and balances best with the Nasty 90 Heavy model in the bridge position.
Plastic covers sound the best (no impact) but Epiphone metal covers sound hand-over-mouth (muffled). Good metal Dog-Ear covers can be ordered here http://www.philadelphialuthiertools.com/pickup-making-parts/chrome-plated-metal-p90-dog-ear-curved-pickup-cover-set/
For replacing humbuckers also look at our P90-Bucker in the Humbucker section.
You will have a lot of fun, enjoyment and satisfaction exploring the extended sonic dimensions of these remarkably advanced pickups.
- Bare wires for soldering.
- in-phase with Gibson and Copy humbuckers
- in-phase with all other Kinman pickups
- opposite phase to Fender Strat
- Fender pickups have opposite output polarity so consider Kinman's Strat models which have same output polarity.
Pot & Capacitor values
- Best with 500k Ohm for Volume. Many Gibson's have 300k which makes a darker, less dynamic sound.
- Normal Tone pot is 500k however to maximize clarity use a No-Load or alternatively a 1 Meg Ohm tone pot.
- Normal tone cap value of 0.022µF in 63 ~ 100 volt Polyester. Smaller value lessen the severity of Treble cut, higher values increase it.
- 50mm for Gibsons or bridges having saddle spread of 50mm ~ 54mm.
- The P-90 Hx has 2 conductor cable.
- Length is 380mm / 15".
- 2 Long mounting screws.
- 2 Silicon Rubber tube springs.
- handy drill guide template for positioning the screw holes in the virgin floor of the pickup cavity of a project guitar or guitars with freshly deepened cavities.
- Bracket for mounting under Dog-Ear covers in Arch-top f-hole guitars available as optional extra.
- Additional Information